P5-4. Design and Development of 3D Printed Resorbable Soft Tissue Implants
Project leader: Marie-Luise Wille (Science and Engineering Faculty, QUT)
Industry partner: Bella Seno
- Bellaseno is developing resorbable scaffolds for soft tissue reconstruction.
- Improvement of patient’s experience by using biodegradable scaffolds as soft tissue implants instead of silicone implants.
- Bellaseno is aiming to design and develop a market-ready product for soft tissue regeneration following the ISO 13485 guidelines.
Alignment within M3D Innovation:
- This project utilises additive manufactured scaffolds (multiscale manufacturing) and the development of a new manufacturing method.
- Overlap with project P5-1: QA of 3D printed soft tissue scaffolds.
- Multiscale analysis and characterisation of soft tissue implants.
- Scaffold development and validation for clinical studies.
- Multiscale imaging (CT, MRI, Histological Imaging Analysis).
- Design requirement analysis.
- Product verification and regulatory development.
- Product – Proof of Concept.
- Product – Beta Prototypes, verification, patents filed.
- Surgeon validation.
- Manufacturing SOP.