P4-1. Upscaling of Static and Dynamic Properties from Micro to Meter Scale Based on 3D Multiscale Imaging
Project leader: Mark Knackstedt (Applied Maths, RSPhys ANU)
Industry partner: Olivier Lopez, Equinor
- Imaging of continuous core (meter scale) core material at high resolutions.
- Develop automated image analysis techniquest to classify the rock along the depth.
- Perform flooding experiments for populating the distribution of rock properties along the full core material.
Alignment within M3D Innovation:
- Extension of 3D imaging work to larger scales.
- Collaboration with Foundational group on the development of larger scanning volumes.
- Overlap with mineral industry projects.
- Whole core scanning of samples from CO2 sequestration sites.
- Quantify the texture, grain size, fracture, mineral distributions texture of continuous rock core and define individual rock types on the sample.
- Undertake flooding experiments on a wide suite of core material for population of models.
- Develop “upscaling” methods to extend laboratory work to larger scales.
- Undertaking imaging and analysis on core material at multiple scales.
- Undertaking flooding experiments on core material in laboratory with in-situ imaging.
- Use of rock typing methods to propagate properties along core.